- Warriors at Work podcast look for the episode with Rose Lapiere on "How to Regulate Yourself in Uncertainty". In this podcast I help parents answer lots of questions and learn ways to work through the emotions we are all feeling in this pandemic. Click on the link or listen wherever you get your podcast: Warriors at Work podcast and look for the episode with Rose LaPiere. podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/how-to-regulate-yourself-in-uncertainty-with-rose-lapiere/id1408182048?i=1000468890544
- Talking to children about the coronavirus: www.nasponline.org/resources-and-publications/resources-and-podcasts/school-climate-safety-and-crisis/health-crisis-resources/talking-to-children-about-covid-19-(coronavirus)-a-parent-resource
- How to talk to your children about the coronavirus and for video's check out from Daniel Tiger and Sesame Street: www.pbs.org/parents/thrive/how-to-talk-to-your-kids-about-coronavirus
- How you and your kids can destress during this time: www.pbs.org/parents/thrive/how-you-and-your-kids-can-de-stress-during-coronavirus
- For more information on the coronavirus search Centers for Disease and Control: www.cdc.gov
- How do you know when to wash your hands? This is great for kids who are excessively washing their hands because they can ask themselves these questions. Check out this poster from the CDC that you can print out for free: www.cdc.gov/handwashing/materials.html
- 10 Nature Activities to Help Your Family Get Through the Pandemic: www.childrenandnature.org/2020/03/16/10-nature-activities-to-help-get-your-family-through-the-pandemic/?mc_cid=831655f09b&mc_eid=8896fb837b&fbclid=IwAR022ndaokJ6iwGt8lXKub_6h2-RkJKdB_la1auMxyXT6OrnVcHWgoluHG4
- For movement activities inside try this: Youtube kids app for yoga poses and aerobic exercises and you can always play freeze dance, freeze tag and fitness challenges (who can hold plank the longest or do the most sit-ups). Amazon Prime Members get access to free work out video's as well.
- Storytelling is a great way to help children make sense of the world. Connect with your children through sharing stories. Here is a link for the story Comfort The Bear: A Coronavirus Support Story howtotellstoriestochildren.com/blog1/comfort-the-bear?fbclid=IwAR3SzQa_ms8_VeNc0KEfYgUlXVT7SkM4MQdVOrHcd4NJnPFftSsN5FQyTf4
- Activities for Parents and Therapist- check out my YouTube channel- subscribe: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUItSGJm8SQ&t=3s
- Books and other products that can be helpful to conquer their worry & learn how to practice mindfulness: (Some of the links are affiliate partner links. If you should decide to make a purchase your cost is the same and we receive some commission).